I’ve always struggled with a way I can help BBQ businesses (small and large) whilst supporting the individuals out there who take the time to share their passion for cooking outside.
I honestly believe that we can all play a part regardless of number of followers etc . . . together we are more powerful than any individual alone.
I’ve been lucky enough to receive a few products from companies in exchange for honest reviews / content creation and know how great it feels when they get in touch . . . you feel that the hours you put in to sharing your cooks for the BBQ community is valued beyond the friendships you form with others.
. . . it’s this feeling that I want many others to experience and in some way help recognise them for being part of the BBQ community and inspiring others.
With this in mind I’ve created the ‘BBQ Community Product Review Platform’ that, despite being very much in its infancy, I hope will help support both ends of the community and further promote cooking outside.
For Brands / Companies:
The platform aims at supporting BBQ brands and companies with exposure of their products / services to a targeted audience.
Not only will the review be carried out by an individual passionate about cooking outside, but it will be shared via the various ‘Smoke & Sear’ channels:
- Instagram – 11,000+ followers
- Facebook – 4,000+ followers
- TikTok – 4,000+ followers
- Website – 1,500+ users a month
- Email – 100 subscribers to date
. . . as well as the individuals social profile(s) who carried out the honest review (where relevant).
For BBQ Cooks:
Not only will the randomly selected individual receive the given product / service for FREE in exchange for their honest review / content creation, but they will also benefit from the exposure of the ‘Smoke & Sear’ reach.
Once I have received the review / content I will share across all ‘Smoke & Sear’ channels making it CLEAR that this is their work . . . not mine.
I’m not being ‘Billy Big Balls’ and saying I have the largest following in the community . . . but I’m hoping this added exposure will help your account grow too.
P.S I’m also hoping that everyone else will support this service and engage / re-share the content too
- Firstly a company will get in touch with me saying they are interested in using the ‘BBQ Community Product Review Platform’ stating which product / service they would like to provide and any key points (E.G delivery constraints / key features to include in review).
- Next I will randomly select from the subscribed individuals someone to carry out the review and help with content creation.
- I will then contact the lucky individual and explain what’s on offer and what the company are looking for (outlining any key features), if they are passionate about the product / service we will continue to the next step . . . otherwise we will randomly select the next individual.
- The individual will send me their honest review (good and bad) as well as agreed content (photos / videos) which I will share to the subscribed individuals as well as the various ‘Smoke & Sear’ channels.
This is a very new idea of mine, one of which I wasn’t prepared to take off so quick . . . but we are where we are and I think this is a fantastic opportunity to support both ends of the community.
I hope everyone will get behind this and follow / engage with posts going forward and, most importantly, subscribe to my mailing list so I can keep you all informed of news and developments going forward.
Will I still be working with companies / brands myself going forward? For sure . . . I truly hope so . . . I just want to bring more of us into the fold where rather than me having to turn things down due to time commitments etc, I can now share the opportunity with others.