Sponsored BBQ Recipe AdsCreate Advert
- Soup: 20 minutes
- Bread Rolls: 25 minutes (plus rising time)
- Soup: 40 minutes
- Bread Rolls: 20 minutes
- Soup: 1 hour
- Bread Rolls: 2 hours 15 minutes (including rising time)
- Soup: 6-8 servings
- Bread Rolls: 8 rolls
For the Soup:
- 6 large tomatoes (approx. 900g)
- 3 large red bell peppers (approx. 450g)
- 1 large onion (approx. 200g)
- 4 cloves garlic (approx. 12g)
- 960ml vegetable stock
- 240ml heavy cream
- 120g mascarpone cheese
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
For the Bread Rolls:
- 500g all-purpose flour
- 12g granulated sugar
- 12g salt
- 7g instant yeast (1 packet)
- 315ml warm water (110°F to 115°F)
- 42g unsalted butter, melted
- Olive oil, for greasing
- Additional melted butter for brushing (optional)
Prepare Bread Roll Dough:
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl.
- Add warm water and melted butter to form a dough.
- Knead for 8-10 minutes until smooth.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise for 1 hour.
Roast Vegetables for Soup:
- Preheat Kamado Joe to 400°F (204°C).
- Brush tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, and garlic with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until charred.
- Remove, peel garlic, and transfer all to a pot.
Shape Rolls and Second Rise:
- Punch down risen dough, divide into 8 pieces, and form balls.
- Place on a baking sheet, cover, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock to roasted vegetables.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then blend until smooth.
- Stir in heavy cream and mascarpone. Heat and season.
- Preheat Kamado Joe to 375°F (190°C).
- Brush rolls with melted butter (optional).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Garnish soup with basil. Serve with warm bread rolls.
Full Disclaimer: I may have added a few bits of crispy bacon on top of mine . . . it just felt wrong not having meat, ha