Take your taste buds on a journey with this delicious recipe for Sage, Onion, and Cheddar Stuffed Chicken & Bacon!
Tender chicken breasts are stuffed with a flavourful mixture of sage and onion stuffing, topped with a slab of strong cheddar cheese, and wrapped in streaky bacon. The chicken is cooked on a Ninja Woodfire Grill to perfection for a satisfying meal that is sure to impress.
Before we begin, let’s make sure we’ve got everything we need:
- 6 x Chicken breasts
- 1 x Pack sage and onion stuffing mix
- Strong cheddar cheese (I used Cathedral City minis as they are perfect and I’m lazy)
- 2 x Packs streaky bacon
- Cherry wood chips for smoke (optional)
- Carefully butterfly the chicken breasts.
- Place a spoonful (or two) of sage and onion stuffing in the centre.
- Add a slice of strong cheddar cheese on top of the stuffing.
- Fold the chicken back in half to form a breast shape again.
- Wrap in streaky bacon.
- Preheat your Ninja Woodfire Grill and add cherry wood chips for smoke if desired.
- Grill at 190°C (374°F) until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 74°C (165°F), flipping halfway through. If I was to estimate time, i’d go for between 18 and 22 minutes . . . obviously there are a few variables here.
P.S I always get asked this, the little pins are something I’ve had for a long time and are used to basically help hold bacon on anything . . . . love them! https://grillpinz.com/