Experience the fusion of a premium Cote de Boeuf steak from Village Butchers with the distinct grilling capabilities of the Ninja Woodfire.
This recipe brings together the rich, marbled texture of the steak with a tangy charred corn salsa, all wrapped up in a soft taco. It’s a culinary journey that promises a symphony of flavours with every bite.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Feeds: 3-4 people
- 1kg Cote de Boeuf (Bone-in Rib-Eye Steak) from Village Butchers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small corn tortillas
For the Charred Corn Salsa:
- 2 ears of corn, husked
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt, to taste
Preparation of the Steak:
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Rub the steak with olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
Grilling the Steak:
- Preheat the Ninja Woodfire to HIGH on the Grill setting for 5 minutes.
- Place the steak on the grill grate and sear for 4-5 minutes on each side. Check the internal temperature and remove when it’s about 2-3°C (5°F) below your target to account for carryover cooking during resting:
- Rare: 50°C (120°F) to 52°C (125°F)
- Medium Rare: 57°C (135°F) to 60°C (140°F)
- Medium: 60°C (140°F) to 65°C (149°F)
- Medium Well: 65°C (149°F) to 69°C (156°F)
- Well Done: 70°C (158°F) and above
- Once grilled to your liking, remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Preparing the Charred Corn Salsa:
- While the steak is resting, place the corn ears on the grill. Grill them on MEDIUM heat, turning occasionally, until they are charred and tender.
- Once grilled, remove the corn from the grill and allow it to cool slightly. Then, slice the kernels off the cob.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the charred corn kernels, chopped red onion, red chilli, lime juice, and fresh coriander. Season with salt and mix well.
Assembling the Tacos:
- Thinly slice the rested steak against the grain.
- Place a few slices of steak on each tortilla, top with the charred corn salsa, and fold.
- Garnish: After placing the filled tacos in the taco holder, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil or a squeeze of lime over them for added sheen and freshness. Sprinkle some freshly chopped coriander and a pinch of flaky sea salt over the top for a burst of colour and flavour.
- Accompaniments: Beside the taco holder, add a small bowl or ramekin of extra charred corn salsa and a lime wedge for those who want an extra zing.